[CT Birds] Westport in Wind,Rain,& Poor Visibility (6:35-8:47)

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 10:14:16 EST 2009

12/9 - Westport -Birded this morning in hopes that something interesting might be blown into the western end of Long Island Sound by the strong sideways rain and northeasterly winds,which were so strong my parked car shook constantly,especially  at Burying Hill Beach.Not much at Compo Beach except a few of the usual gulls, I had expected to see more of them.

        Burying Hill Beach-1 Common and 1 Red-throated Loon,5 White-winged Scoter,7 Red-breasted Mergansers,7 Long-tailed Duck,12 American Black Duck,29 Double-crested Cormorants headed west,Herring & Ring-billed  Gulls,7 Hooded Mergansers in the creek

        Southport Beach-American Black Ducks,Herring and Ring-billed Gulls

        Sherwood Island SP-(on the model airplane field)30+American Black Duck,pair of American Wigeon,Canada Geese,7 Great Black-backed Gulls,many Ring-billed and Herring Gulls,1 Killdeer flew in as I was scanning

Tina Green