[CT Birds] Snow Geese vs. White Pelicans, Stratford

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:02:56 EST 2009

Chris,

I have limited experience with both, but your flight description reminds me of Snow geese more than Pelicans.

Pelicans I've seen seem to, unless soaring, fly in a direct straight line... almost with a leader.  Snow geese are all over the place.

This may be of note, but there was a flock of Snow Geese reported by Bev Propen over at the Coastal center recently.  Snow geese definately have fatter/larger head/necks than canadas, and one field mark I noticed most is the striking black primaries.

-Brian-