[CT Birds] Writing about birds. A question.

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Dec 11 21:13:38 EST 2009

Jamie, I understand your problem with saying "42 Snow Goose" instead of Geese.  It bugs me a bit too.  The only argument I can give in support of using the improper Goose in such a case is that computer searches are generally too stupid to pick up both variations in a single search.  In the daily report I (mostly) leave it the way the original poster typed it rather than standardize.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT