[CT Birds] Goose Geese Titmouse Titmice

Dennis Varza dennisvz at optonline.net
Fri Dec 11 22:11:34 EST 2009

For some perverted reason I have decided to transcribe your reports
into a spreadsheet format for future reference.

Whenever plurals are used, I have to take time to convert them into
the singular(UPPER CASE to Lower Case). It would help me a lot if
plurals were not used. How plurals (and capitalizations) are used
depends, in my opinion, on the context. Writing for literature is
different than writing quick notes. A flock of snow geese rose from
the mist with the morning sun, as opposed to I saw 42 Snow Goose at
Milford Pt. Which conveys  just as much information as 42 Snow Geese.
The point on this forum is the efficient  transmission of information
not the esthetics of the prose.

So, do what you want, but remember I am at your mercy and I would
prefer no plurals.

Dennis Varza