[CT Birds] Birding book

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Sun Dec 13 10:33:16 EST 2009

While at the Case Memorial Library in Orange, I happened upon  a book
titled Finding Birds in Connecticut  A Habitat  based guide to 450 Sites by
Dave Rosen & Gene Billings  (1996).
What a great find!  Now I understand where everyone gets  the names of each
trail, pond, wooded area etc.   I am probably the  last person in the bird
club to discover this.  It has  easily understood maps and directions.  It
is broken down into  chapters for each county, and then further into the
parks, beaches, wildlife  management areas for bird viewing.  It discusses the
best seasons to view  each area for optimal birding.  Also mentions  the
different species  most likely to be seen at each area during each season . (No
discussion here of  the capitalization of the species).  Great index with
list of "tours" one  can take walking and driving in different areas of
Connecticut.    Thanks Dave!
Beverly Propen, Orange