[CT Birds] English names

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 13 18:35:13 EST 2009

Just in case there is any confusion, the IOC's list of standard bird names that Steve refers to, and which was published in book form in 2006, is the same list that I referred to by it's web site name: http://www.worldbirdnames.org/  The authors have being making quarterly updates to reflect taxonomic and other changes, so the most current version is on the web.

Steve also picked up on exactly the reason why I wrote "scientific" (not Latin) name ... another of those pet peeves, of which I seem to accumulate way too many.

Chris Elphick

Storrs, CT

elphick at sbcglobal.net