[CT Birds] where are the COOTS?

Larry Bausher LPBausher at comcast.net
Tue Dec 15 22:16:20 EST 2009

About 10 or so days ago there were at least two Coots on the large
pond in Beaver Pond Park in New Haven, the pond to the west of
Fournier St., near the baseball field for Southern CT State College.
This spot has been reliable for Coots during the CBC for the last
seven years, the time during which I have been birding that area for
the New Haven CBC.  We never see large numbers, only two or three
each year during the last six years (five in 2002), but they are
there again this year also (or at least have been 10 days ago).

Larry Bausher
West Haven