[CT Birds] Common Eiders in CT waters

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 15:37:07 EST 2009

EJ,

I would estimate that about one third of South Dumplings is rock rip-rap, if by that you mean really big rocks and boulders along the shore.  The other two-thirds is various sizes of cobble and some sand.  The nests are not found in the rip-rap area.  When I go out this spring, I'll have to take good pictures.  I wish I have been all along, as the loss of vegetation since I have been going there has been startling.

Glenn Williams
Mystic