[CT Birds] Owls in Flight

Lynn Jones lynnjones11 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 13:32:08 EST 2009

Yesterday evening I had an owl fly over the parking lot area as I was headed
to my car after work.  We have had a Barred Owl spotted during the day in
the area so I assume this was probably the same individual.  I did quickly
glance wingspans up online for Barred and Great-horned and noticed there is
an overlap.  Can anyone tell me any other features than can be used in such
instances for identifying between the 2 species?  Or any references (online
or other) that would be of use?  Thanks!

Lynn Jones