[CT Birds] In response to Duck trap question

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 18 06:12:54 EST 2009

Hi all,
These same type of DEP duck traps have been placed around Stratford for several years - Access Road pool, Duck Pond on Rt 110, etc.
I spoke with one of the biologists this summer.  He said they were trapping ducks for several studies:  to check lead levels in blood, to check for Avian Flu, and  for population/distribution research (they have been radio tagging some black ducks as well to learn of their movements).

Frank Mantlik