[CT Birds] Stratford Snipe

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 07:59:03 EST 2009

12/18, Great Meadows rail road trail and viewing platform (540a-7a)-     I was awake, so I decided to take a pre-dawn stroll through the marsh under the crisp starlit sky at a balmy 12f with a wind chill of -2f.... perfect birding weather!  When I made the hairpin turn back towards the blind, leaving the platform, I flushed a Snipe from the (frozen) tickets along the pond.  Not much else to mention other than some Tree sparrows, Juncos, and a hunting Harrier between the platform and Long Beach.  I really enjoy watching nature wake up for the day.    :)  -Brian Webster-