[CT Birds] American Robins anyone? Woodbury-Roxbury CBC

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 20 05:27:43 EST 2009

An amazing number of American robins were counted during the Woodbury-Roxbury (CT) Christmas Bird Count yesterday, 19 December 2009 (Saturday). In one area of the count circle (Area J) over 6,000 American robins were counted flying out of roosts early in the AM. I suspect over 8,000 American robins were counted for the Woodbury-Roxbury count but do not know the exact number..

I know the Litchfield and Oxford Christmas Bird Counts scheduled for today (December 20, 2009) are not happening because of the snow.

David W Babington
Washington, CT