[CT Birds] Milford feeder watch

Beverly Perkins 1fsh2fsh at optonline.net
Sun Dec 20 08:27:23 EST 2009

was up early to shovel the snow & make sure my feeders were full.....at daybreak it was the early birds ..a doz. Goldfinches, House Finches, Purple Finches, Juncos, Chickadees,Titmice, Whitethroated Sparrows, .. Cardinals were everywhere, a few Bluejays,  3 Carolina Wrens Brown Headed Cowbirds.....no Pine Siskins yet.....& no Coopers Hawk......YET.  Yesterday a few Pigeons were scuffling under the feeder & a Coopers came down & took off with one in one swoop. Had alittle trouble getting airborne but he made it.
This year my neighbors aren't hanging their feeders so it looks like mine will be busy.