[CT Birds] vulture question

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 20:58:39 EST 2009

I have not checked out the Quaker Hill, Waterford vulture roost yet this winter, but driving by the area a few weeks ago when they were coming into roost, there were more Black Vultures than Turkey Vultures in the air.  Hard to tell when you are driving fifty mph, but it looked like over twenty Black Vultures.  If I don't get to the roost at the right time in the near future, there will be an accurate tally for the New London CBC on Jan 2nd.  I would guess this year will be a new high for the roost.

Glenn Williams
Mystic, CT