[CT Birds] Stratford yard-

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 22 08:13:56 EST 2009

12/22, Stratford yard (8:00a)-

(1) YB Sapsucker trying to configure himself on the suet
(1) Carolina Wren, much easier time at suet
(2) Purple Finches* (females)

*I had my first yard Purple Finch the other day, and while watching this morning, two females landed on my thistle sock (the Christmas stocking one is out now!), took a few morsels, then flew off.

And, like every winter, the Turkeys are beginning to congregate in my woods/condos.  Got up to 13 in the woods this morning.  4 toms.  My high count was 52 one winter!

-Brian Webster-