[CT Birds] Storrs Killdeer flyover and Coventry scaup...

Brian Hiller mudbat13 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:24:20 EST 2009

 As I was leaving the lab last night at 5:30 I heard a single killdeer calling as it flew overhead next to the cemetery on North

Eagleville road.  Earlier in the day I checked Coventry Lake for ruddy ducks that I had heard about.  I didn't find the ruddy ducks but did find 13 Ring-necks, numerous mallards and blacks, 2 Lesser scaup, and numerous Common Mergansers.

Brian Hiller

Willimantic, CT