[CT Birds] some ducks inland

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 23 18:02:44 EST 2009

Barkhamsted reservoir today -
Nothing north of dam -
at compensating res below: 70% frozen.
3 LONG-TAILED DUCK - one male.

Of note: Here in the Hartland area, their is a perception of
very little migration bird activity so far this winter. We will be looking
daily for a change, esp as the winter progresses. The food crop up here is
mainly good to great. Pines, Birches, some Ash and other trees are better than most
winters, so if the crop to the north becomes used up or poor, we sure have
the food they need here.
Most winters in the north country here in NW CT, does much better after the new year.
We will see............ Paul, Douglas Carrier