[CT Birds] 12/23 - Windsor Landfill, Northwest Park

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 19:15:39 EST 2009

EJ Raynor, Brian Webster and I spent some time freezing at the
landfill today. Gull numbers were on the low side, around 2,000. We
had 3 Iceland Gulls among them, 3 White-crowned Sparrows in the brush
piles, and a frisky Peregrine Falcon. The flocks kept getting spooked
by Bald Eagles of which we counted 4. The White-crowns appeared to be
the expected leucophrys.

>From EJ Raynor, Brian Webster, Nick Bonomo:
12/23 - Windsor, Windsor-Bloomfield Landfill -- 3 ICELAND GULLS (first
cycle, second cycle, adult), imm PEREGRINE FALCON, 3 imm WHITE-CROWNED
SPARROWS
Windsor, Northwest Park -- imm RED-HEADED WOODPECKER continues

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
http://shorebirder.blogspot.com/