[CT Birds] hybrid goose in Woodbridge

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Fri Dec 25 11:54:19 EST 2009

12/25     11:15AM   Woodbridge
While visiting my mother at Coachman Square in Woodbridge  today, there was
a flock of about 35 Canada Geese on the lawn.  In the  flock was that
unusual hybrid goose, which I haven't seen in a long time.   It had the orangey
bill speckled with dark spots,  with stark white  bordering its bill ;
grayish white cheeks and face, black crown  and nape, grayish back and white under
tail coverts.  There were 2 Canada  Geese with yellow neck bands, with
numbers  E242 and  E248.  The open farm fields across the street from Coachman
Square have  been taken over by a shopping plaza.  A small portion of the
farm field  remains still, as well as a farmy, grassy field adjacent to
Coachman  Square.
Happy Holidays to all.
Bev Propen, Orange