[CT Birds] Milford Black Vultures, Bpt-LI Ferry

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:33:46 EST 2009

Jim Dugan and I took an afternoon ferry ride from Bridgeport to Port
Jefferson, NY and back. Not very birdy. In CT waters we had about a
dozen Surf Scoters and one Northern Gannet. On the NY side there were
several Gannets, a Bonaparte's Gull, and an immature Iceland Gull.

On my way to the dock I had a nice flock of 8 Black Vultures low over
I-95 between exits 36 and 37 in Milford, probably the first BVs I've
seen in Milford.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT