[CT Birds] Stratford Bald Eagle

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:20:20 EST 2009

12/30, Housatonic River Access (Main St., across from Peck's Mill Pond @ 8:40ish)-

(1) adult Bald Eagle swooping on the gulls on both sides (Milford and Stratford) of the river

The river has several sheets of ice on it, though now breaking as the tide comes in.  More Balds should begin to show up further down the rivers as winter progresses.  Compared to Sunday, the river looked cleaner than it did Sunday.... I dread to think where that huge load of trash piled up.  =(  I can't recall seeing that much trash in the Housatonic.  We all know it's dirty, but it was bad.

Brian Webster

Stratford, CT

b.webster at hotmail.com