[CT Birds] Snowy Owl Attacked By Peregrine

PBailey bails at att.net
Sat Jan 2 17:46:40 EST 2010

FYI,
The latest cover of the New York State conservation magazine has a photo essay of a peregrine attacking an immature snowy owl on a beach.  The owl sat back and put up his talons but the peregrine prevailed.  To me, the owl eventually looked like a deflated toy balloon.  The article reported that snowy owls often prey on the immature peregrines up north so I guess it was payback time.
Pat Bailey
Sherman, CT