[CT Birds] so many JUNCOS !

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sun Jan 3 08:39:02 EST 2010

Up to 55 in my nearly urban yard in Meriden over the last few days.  Good winter to hone our junco observation skills.  Lots of variation to be enjoyed in this species, maybe even uncover some western subspecies.

There's also been a flock of up to 20 Eastern Bluebirds popping in and out of the neighborhood for the last month or so.  The other night Max and I caught them all going into old woodpecker nests in the maple tree outside our door as dusk approached.

Patrick Comins, Meriden.