[CT Birds] Tardy Harriers??

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 3 08:59:02 EST 2010

1/3,

It seems, at least to these relatively unexperienced eyes, that the Harriers made a bit of a rebound since the noticed absence.  My last 5 trips to the Stratford/Milford shore pulled up at least one each time.  We even had 2 up the Housatonic river by the Sikorsky Bridge on the S/M CBC.

And there was an amazing juvenile flying the Silver Sands marshes in Milford yesterday while I was at the Animal Control office.

Anyone else notice they are around now?  Perhaps their northern food sources were exhausted later than norm?

Brian Webster

Stratford, CT

b.webster at hotmail.com