[CT Birds] Chester, 1/3 - yb sapsucker and others

Tammy Eustis teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Sun Jan 3 16:50:05 EST 2010

Chester, 1/3 - Also had a yellow-bellied sapsucker visit the suet feeders today. Other birds of note: a pair of flickers (the only feeder birds that manage to overpower the blue jays); a pair of hairy woodpeckers; four bluebirds; a towhee; multitudes of juncos and white-throated sparrows; and 22 mourning doves (most of which have settled down in the dogwoods surrounding the feeders - I think they want first dibs in the morning).
Surprisingly, no hawks. We've had a Cooper's come through most every day and leave with a meal more often than not. But it didn't show up this weekend.
- Tammy Eustis, Chester