[CT Birds] hawks

weatherwizard at comcast.net weatherwizard at comcast.net
Mon Jan 4 07:51:38 EST 2010

I have many birds at multiple feeders, but one of the unfortunate consequences is the hawk realizes there are a lot of concentrated food sources here. I know it is part of the balance of nature, but watching him take down a male cardinal is hard to watch, as I feel somewhat guilty for attracting the birds into harms way. Is their any way to get rid of the hawks that anyone knows of. I tend to doubt it but thought I'd ask. I still have a pair of yb sapsuckers hanging around in Deep River.