[CT Birds] Naples & Orange

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 09:34:35 EST 2010

in Sanibel last year, we were told that the old name was the  Louisiana Heron
and new name is TriColored Heron-beautiful bird.  Ding  Darling had birds
dripping off the trees and waters. We had never seen so many  Willets at
once.  Highlight was waiting at dusk for the Roseate spoonbills  to come in,
which they did.
My birding neighbor on Barton Drive, Marge Kidd, just  mentioned that she
has what she thinks is a Northern Goshawk coming to her yard  for 3 mornings
now. Large bird with whitish chest and light  grayish  striping, and dark
nape and back with  distinct white  supercillium.  Anyone interested in
checking it out, is welcome to. She  mentioned that it has been arriving around
9AM maybe a bit later.  There is  different habitat down the street from me,
since the Indian River runs in back  of those homes.
Bev Propen, Orange