[CT Birds] hawks

Donna sunny19682 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 4 18:54:39 EST 2010

I've been told the only way is to stop feeding the birds.  You eliminate an
easy food source.  I know I've felt the same but then again many of the
casualties around my feeders have been birds of great number - starlings,
grackles, and Mourning doves.  I've born witness to a redtail catching a
squirrel right off the tree it was climbing.  It is indeed the circle of
life and I admire the maneuverability of the hawks to bring down prey.  They
are quite amazing hunters.

Donna Lorello
Branford