[CT Birds] Free Willy 3, help remove invasives from Hammonasset's Willard's Island

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:22:42 EST 2010

 Although I have not posted any information about removing invasives at Sherwood Island State Park,I have been in contact with the park management and the Friends of Sherwood Island.This weekend on Sunday January 10th,I will be volunteering at Hammonasset's Willard's Island with invasive removal.I'll see exactly how they organize and engage the local community in helping with this important project.I hope many others in the birding community will come out on Sunday to lend a hand also.

 Note:Many invasives were removed by the staff at SISP but much still needs to be done.I anticipate a "clean up"day sometime in late winter or early spring.

Tina Green

Friends of Sherwood Island SP board member