[CT Birds] Harrier in Greenwich

DEIRDRE MURTHA sdmurtha at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 5 18:34:54 EST 2010

With all the interest in Harrier numbers, I thought I'd mention seeing a juvenile Harrier at 1 pm today at Tod's Point in Greenwich. It was far out over the cove, but the rump-patch and cinnamon underparts were clearly visible. I was there to try to relocate a possible harrier I had seen yesterday-- it had been a poor glimpse through trees so I wanted to verify it. This would not have been the same bird, however, for what I saw yesterday suggested an adult male.
Sean Murtha, Norwalk