[CT Birds] Stratford yard/woods-

Brian Webster b.webster at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 7 08:32:11 EST 2010

1/7, Stratford Yard/woods-

(2) E. Towhees (both males)

(1) YB Sapsucker, still on wood edges where he was yesterday

(27) Wild Turkeys (18 in yard itself)

Allow me to give some perspective on the turkeys...  I live in condos, and I have a yard that is about 30'x30' (very generous estimate).  I have feeders on both sides of the yard, and one about 40-50 yards away on a tree that is against wood edges to allow birds to fly from one to another, yada yada...  This morning there were 27 turkeys total, and 18 in my small patch of grass I like to call my backyard.  (probably 1 tom to every 5 females).

Don't ever let anyone tell you bird poo doesn't smell.....  every year in winter I have to dodge turkey placed land-mines.  The larger the bird, the worse.  =)

Brian Webster

Stratford, CT

b.webster at hotmail.com