[CT Birds] Belated Hammo raptors 1/3

Gedney gedney at cshore.com
Thu Jan 7 08:42:12 EST 2010

I never posted this but I understand the current interest in Harriers so I wanted to get it out there...apologize for the tardiness...been busy.

>From Rick Gedney:

1/3 SUN  - Hammonasset State Park - mid day - cold, windy, very high surf.

Northern Harrier (4) (no mature males).
Cooper's Hawk (1)
Red-tailed Hawk (1)
Merlin (2)

5 sparrow sp. including (3) Fox Sparrow on Willard's.

Good day for raptors - Harriers seemed omnipresent and there could have been more but they range fast in the wind.
One Merlin hunting from osprey platform on east end and one eating kill on light pole on far west end.