[CT Birds] Shrike

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 10:48:03 EST 2010

1/7/10 - Hartford, in a thicket just off the Main Street exit ramp from I-84
- Shrike sp.  This is how I bird these days.  Sitting at a long traffic
light I took out my binoculars and looked at an unusual looking bird that
flew into a thicket alongside the road.  It was a shrike--my guess would be
Northern, but I cannot be sure because the light changed....

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The geese flew on.  I have never seen them again.  Maybe I will, someday,
somewhere.  Maybe I won't.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is that, when I
saw them, I saw them as through the veil, secretly, joyfully, clearly."
        ---from Snow Geese by Mary Oliver