[CT Birds] Volunteers needed to help protect Griswold Airport tonight and next week and Open house this weekend.

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Jan 7 14:07:43 EST 2010

Volunteers are needed to help with a phone banking effort tonight 1/7 from 6 - 8 pm in Madison. We need your help!! Please bring a cell phone, if you have one. For next week, there are two phone banks scheduled and we need volunteers for them as well! Tuesday, Jan 12th from 6 - 8 pm and Wednesday, January 13th from 6 - 8 pm.

Unfortunately, I can't make tonight and will be away next week, but there are a lot of calls to be made if we are going to pass the January 26th referendum needed to protect this key coastal parcel adjacent to Hammonasset Beach State Park.

Please contact Sandy Breslin sbreslin at audubon.org  if you can help!  Thank you.

If you've never been to the property and want to learn more, there is an open house this Saturday, January 9, 2010.  At 11 am there will be a guided tour led by me. This will be the last tour before the vote on January 26th....after which we hope that everyone will be able to visit Connecticut's newest coastal park!

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation
Audubon Connecticut
pcomins at audubon.org