[CT Birds] Duck Posting

Hank Golet htg1523 at att.net
Fri Jan 8 09:58:20 EST 2010

I copied this off the off the RI birding website.
Hank Golet

NOTE: A state biologist has told me that this year, duck hunters are using the bird lists and bird listservs to get locations to hunt rare waterfowl. He mentioned that hunters are using the birding lists more than in previous years, and that bird list owners and listservs should be discrete when reporting ucommon waterfowl.  If a specific duck is mentioned online, and is in waters open to hunting, they wil go to that area.  Hunters are especially interested in King Eider, Eurasian Wigeon, Tufted Duck and Barrow's Goldeneye.  At present, the Tufted Duck is in water that is not open to hunters.  Greg Sargeant also reported a Eurasian Wigeon, but it is in an area where hunting is permitted.  So, if you want to see this Wigeon, please email me for the directions (pollypie at att.net).