[CT Birds] Nothern Goshawk in Groton

James Restivo jbird7480 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 16:04:51 EST 2010

Hello all,

>From Linda Self via James Restivo:
1/8/10 - Whittles Farm, Groton, CT - 1 NORTHERN GOSHAWK.

I found a goshawk with my mom and step-dad in this same location at the beginning of December, perching in a dead snag across from the intersection of Flanders and Noank-Ledyard Rds. I believe that bird was an immature. My mom believes the bird she saw today is the same one we saw back in December; it was even perched in the exact same location.

Good birding!

James Restivo
Somerville, MA