[CT Birds] Just Watching Birds

Robert J. Bitondi rjbitondi at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 10 21:21:36 EST 2010

I hope everyone will forgive me for posting this, but tonight's episode of HBO's Big Love included a scene in which a character who has been conspicuously watching people in a park through binoculars is challenged by one of them to explain what he's doing.  He answers, "Watching birds."  I won't say more about the context than that, but the show certainly aired at an inopportune moment for New England birders.

On a much nicer note, tonight's Nature featured breathtaking high speed photography of hummingbirds.  Mention was made of the recent changes in winter distribution of hummers in the eastern US.