[CT Birds] Its worth scrutinizing the birds at your feeder

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Mon Jan 11 01:26:38 EST 2010

http://birddog55.zenfolio.com/p100574993

These photos show a Sooty Fox Sparrow, the subspecies ( and maybe soon to be
species) that is from pacific northwest to southern Alaska.  It is at a
private residence in New Hampshire.  In December 1996, I found a very
similar bird in my yard in Storrs that was also determined by the pros to be
a Sooty Fox Sparrow.  This record is still awaiting review by the ARCC.  As
my friend Frank Mantlik says..."Keep your eyes to the skies!"   He says
other stuff but this is most applicable.

Mark
Mark S. Szantyr
80 Bicknell Road #9
Ashford, Connecticut 06278