[CT Birds] Harlequin Duck evening

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:38:28 EST 2010

Hi all,

Paul Cianfaglione and I had the Harlequin Duck this evening, not too
long before sunset (4-415ish?). It took us about 30 mins to find it,
but it eventually swam up from downstream of the area initially
described, then drifted back downstream. Keep this in mind if checking
tomorrow. Also on the river, just around the corner (upstream) to the
west were 2 female LESSER SCAUP and a handful of Ring-necked Ducks
among other more common species. Several hundred Canada Geese were
coming in to rest, but we couldn't pull out anything of note.

Thanks to Sarah for this great inland record.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT