[CT Birds] If you are interested in Fox Sparrows

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Tue Jan 12 22:57:06 EST 2010

http://birddog55.zenfolio.com/p725520645

I put together a small selection of the three forms of Fox Sparrow I have
photographed in New England.  The Red Fox Sparrow, iliaca, is from
Litchfield, the Red Fox Sparrow, likely ssp zaboria, is from Hamden 13 March
2007, and the Sooty Fox Sparrow is from New Hampshire, January 10, 2010.
There are very few records of Fox Sparrows that are not our expected
Red-type from the East.  This will become more interesting as the climate
moves toward splitting several of these forms into full species.

mark
Mark S. Szantyr
80 Bicknell Road #9
Ashford, Connecticut 06278