[CT Birds] Police and Black Vultures

angeladimmitt at aol.com angeladimmitt at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 08:58:13 EST 2010

>From Angela Dimmitt
1/14 - I wholeheartedly second Mark Szantyr's comments re the police - I
too am often out owling or otherwise in relatively remote spots and a car
has stopped to see if I'm OK (most other drivers just drive on past) - always
they have been friendly and also enthusiastic when told why I am there.  I
always thank them for being there, and indeed for stopping, a great comfort
for  a lone female.  Also, following the COA credo, I do not trespass
(well,  maybe a foot or two sometimes).

On a different note, yesterday at 4 PM I saw 17 Black Vultures  leaving the
roost near the Roasting Chimney in New Milford, one by one  and heading
south.  Huh?

Angela Dimmitt