[CT Birds] vulture observation

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 18:03:00 EST 2010

from Glenn Williams:
1/14 - Waterford High School -- BLACK VULTURE
Groton Reservoir from I-95 -- 2 COMMON RAVENS

Yesterday we had a major sewage back up at the high school.  It was pretty foul smelling as a number of bathrooms overflowed.  Each bathroom is vented to the outside but things were pretty bad inside, even today.  I noticed a few Turkey Vultures landing on the roof yesterday (near bathroom vents but did not make the connection).  Today there were vultures all around the high school all day.  Amazing how they were drawn in - you wouldn't think it would be that odoriferous outside.

Glenn Williams