[CT Birds] Am. Pipits, Hammo, Fri, 1-15-10

mntncougar at aol.com mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Jan 16 15:24:50 EST 2010

There was a small flock (5 or 6) of American Pipits at Hammo  Friday, on
the side of the road near the reclaimed marsh, just before the sharp  left
turn towards Meig's Point and the Nature center.   They are not  particularly
spooky, and allow close approach by car.  I must admit It took  a while to
figure out what they were (with the help of another birder), because  their
winter plumage is somewhat different from what I have seen.  Link to  pics
below:

http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?wf=share&galleryid=e7e2dfb309e7469
2a04410a1b449471c&trackingid=BTAGC

Don Morgan