[CT Birds] Ct River Bald Eagles, 1-15-10

mntncougar at aol.com mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Jan 16 17:10:25 EST 2010

I stopped at a few spots along the Ct River on the way home  Friday, and
spotted a few bald Eagles, even though the viewing conditions were  not the
best.  At the Ct River Museum in Essex there were 2 adults down  river, 1 on
each side.
 At Haddam Meadow SP there was and adult sitting on the  ice on the river
guarding a deer carcass, which was pretty well stripped.  There  was also an
immature sitting in the trees  drooling.
I got some pics of the adult, but it was so far out there was  too much
heat shimmer.  I think it looks nice, anyhow.  The tail looks  orange, and I
suspect that's from blood from the carcass. Link to  pics:

http://www.photoshop.com/user/mntncougar/?wf=share&galleryid=a8c30b0a90fb4f0
cb9daf013b69418b1&trackingid=BTAGC

Don Morgan
Coventry