[CT Birds] Red-Headed Woodpecker continues at Northwest Park

List List at ballentine-capital.com
Mon Jan 18 19:31:52 EST 2010

1/18 - Windsor, Northwest Park, 20 ft deep in woods behind woodchip piles that are at the back of the field just north of second Brookside Trail entrance (the north one)- RED-HEADED WOODPECKER 3:30pm

Thanks to Paul Desjardins for the specific directions as I missed it on a trip there yesterday as I was mistakenly looking around the barn about 100 yards in on the trail from the first entrance. The area was full of woodpecker species- also seen were 4 Downys, 2 Hairys, 1 Red-Bellied, and 1 Pileated in the hour it took me to finally locate the Red-headed.