[CT Birds] Red-headed and Harlequin

eyeflight16 at optonline.net eyeflight16 at optonline.net
Mon Jan 18 20:06:09 EST 2010

Northwest Park- The Red-headed Woodpecker was there sitting quietly in the trees behind the woodchip piles. The bird no longer looks a juvenile. It has an almost completely red  head. Finally got to this bird after more than a month of trying to get up to Windsor.

HARLEQUIN DUCK continues a little downstream of the Grist Mill Restaurant.

Note: The bird was not viewable from the terrace at the parking lot. I had to go down the wooden stairs on the right of the restaurant and go down to the river bank. Activley feeding. Magnificent bird. It took me three tries to get it.

A truly spectacular day of birding. Got 2 excellent lifers.

James Randall
Fairfield