[CT Birds] White-fronted Goose

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Wed Jan 20 20:37:55 EST 2010

>From Jan Collins and Patrice Favreau:

1/20   Broad Brook Mill Pond, East Windsor, 4PM
1 WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE with 1000+ Canada Geese and 25+ Mallards mixed in.
The bird was behind some phragmites and we had almost given up finding him
after spending 15-20 minutes scanning when he suddenly swam into view.

We also had a nice day at Shepaug Dam where we had 4 Bald Eagles, and 40+
Common Mergansers, and Bent of the River where we had 2 RAVEN soaring and
calling, 1 FOX SPARROW under the house feeders,  and a Kingfisher along the

Jan in Somers