[CT Birds] Windsor Landfill (Glaucous, Icelands)

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 16:52:33 EST 2010

For the first time I've seen this winter, gull numbers at the
Windsor-Bloomfield Landfill were really impressive today. There were
about 3500 large gulls present at one point and with the turnover
there were more in the area. Nothing mega rare, but it was an
encouraging sight. I spoke briefly with one of the landfill staff and
he mentioned that the gulls "returned" in large numbers yesterday
following 2-3 weeks of low numbers.

>From Tina Green and Nick Bonomo:
1/22 - Windsor, Windsor-Bloomfield Landfill -- GLAUCOUS GULL (second
cycle), 3 "KUMLIEN'S" ICELAND GULLS (first cycle, second cycle, adult)

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT