[CT Birds] White Red-tailed Hawk

louise tucker louise40pt at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 23 15:30:13 EST 2010

I observed  a white hawk on Rye Street, South Windsor, north of Sullivan Ave. I believe it was a Red-tailed Hawk. The body of the hawk was pure white, front and back, except for the reddish tail, black streaked belly band, and black or brown on top of the head. The bird moved several times so I got both sides of the bird. The body shape was Red-tailed.  I can't think what other hawk it could be. The land it is on was once a large farm, and a pair of Red-taileds nested there. The farm was sold, trashed, and made into a business (Alid or Ilad?) with a manicured landscape. Did anyone else see this bird, about noon today January 23?  I'd like someone else's opinion.
Louise P. Tucker