[CT Birds] Northwest Park Windsor Red Headed Woodpecker

Anthony Antonovitz antonovitz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 23 19:10:45 EST 2010

Hello All,

Has anyone imaged this bird?  I , a newby and another relatively new
observer thought we had seen this bird today, Saturday, but after
viewing web photos of a red-head, I think we missed it.
I am familiar with the Red bellied and Hairy WP.s, this was not them.
But it had white horizontal banding in the middle back, not the solid
black and solid white lower back of any photo I find.
The head was not solid red , but kind of a washed out tinge. The
closest photo online I  see is a Red Naped Sapsucker, which would be a
record probably.
Again, I am new to this, but have seen great pictures and even video,
of the Durham Sandhill Crane, for example.
Any Photos would be great.

Tony Antonovitz